Need Help? We can assist you. Click Here  
  Email Us:
Receive Discount Offers


Gift Cards
Click Here to learn about our Gift Cards, Loyalty Cards, and Prepaid Cards .





               Tel. 1-800-642-9632                                                              Click to Apply                                                                                          






      Retailers wanting to apply for a EBT can now apply by calling the 800 telephone number listed on this website. An account executive will assist you with the application and equipment process. Most retail and service businesses can now apply to accept EBT cash benefits at their location. Be advised, that you should always speak with an account executive to get started. Some retailers run the risk of being denied or having to wait months to be approved by trying to complete the process on their own. Call Tel. 1-800-642-9632


       Businesses can be approved to accept EBT cash only benefits within two business days. This program is available nationwide exclusively through Englobe Retail Merchant's Program.                  

To quickly apply for service, call Tel. 1800-642-9632 





Act of 2014  On February 7, 2014, Congress passed the Agricultural Act of 2014, P.L. 113-79, which reauthorizes the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (“SNAP”).

Below are the SNAP retailer provisions that are effective immediately.


   SNAP benefits cannot be used to pay bottle/can deposits unless it is a State-required fee. SNAP benefits cannot be used to pay for a deposit fee unless it is a fee the State requires customers to pay to purchase food in a returnable container.  Deposit fees added by manufacturers cannot be paid for with SNAP benefits, even if the fee is included in the shelf price of the product.  Currently, only 10 States have some type of State deposit fee requirement.  These States are: California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Iowa, Massachusetts, Maine, Michigan, New York, Oregon, and Vermont.

  SNAP retailers must pay for their own Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) equipment. Retailers will no longer be offered free EBT equipment, supplies and related services (“EBT equipment and services”) to participate in SNAP.  Retailers that become SNAP-authorized after March 21, 2014, must pay for their own EBT equipment and services.  Retailers authorized on or before March 21, 2014, and who have already been given free EBT equipment and services by the State may, continue to use the EBT equipment and services for free until September 21, 2014.  Such SNAP-authorized retailers should arrange for lease or purchase of EBT equipment and services as soon as they can in order to ensure continued participation.

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

To be eligible as a store in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), your store(s) must sell food for home preparation and consumption and meet one of the criteria below:

(A) Offer for sale, on a continuous basis, at least three varieties of qualifying foods in each of the following four staple food groups, with perishable foods in at least two of the categories:  

  • meat, poultry or fish  
  • bread or cereal  
  • vegetables or fruits  
  • dairy products      


Continuous basis means that on any given day of operation, a store must offer for sale and normally display in a public area, qualifying staple food items, with no fewer than three different varieties of food items in each of the four staple food categories.

Perishable foods are items that are either frozen staple food items; or, fresh, un-refrigerated or refrigerated staple food items that will spoil or suffer significant deterioration in quality within 2 to 3 weeks.

Variety means different types of foods, such as apples, cabbage and squash in the fruit or vegetable category; or, milk, cheese and butter in the dairy category. The following does not meet the variety requirement: having different brands and sizes; having the same item but with varying ingredients (e.g., plain sausage and spicy sausage); or having the same item but offering different types of the item (e.g., Granny Smith and Red Delicious apples). Food items with multiple eligible ingredients (e.g., pizza, frozen dinners) will be counted only once as a staple food, in the category of the main ingredient.

Retail sales include all retail sales of the firm including food, non-food, gas and services (such as rental fees, games, dry cleaners, lottery). However, fees directly connected to the processing of staple foods such as raw meat, poultry, and fish may be calculated as staple food sales under Criterion B.

Staple foods do not include accessory foods such as coffee; tea; cocoa; soda; non-carbonated drinks such as sports drinks, punches, and flavored waters; candy; condiments; spices; hot foods; or, foods ready to go or made to take out, like prepared sandwiches or salads.

*NOTE: Ineligible firms include, but are not limited to, stores selling only accessory foods or ice cream, specialty doughnut shops, and restaurants (i.e. firms with more than 50 percent of their total gross retail sales in hot and/or cold prepared foods not intended for home preparation and consumption shall not qualify for participation as retail food stores under Criterion A or B). This includes firms that primarily sell prepared foods that are consumed on the premises or sold for carry out.


     Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) now SNAP is growing at a tremendous rate. Government programs such as state issued food stamps, Women/ Infants/ Children (WIC) and Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), issue benefits on an electronic card known as an EBT now SNAP card. The card issued is similar to a debit card, as the cardholder has a specific personal identification number (PIN) that must be used when accessing their funds. To process an EBT /SNAP card, the card is run through an electronic payment system that authorizes the transfer of the card holder's Government benefits to the retailer for payment of products received.

   In many states, EBT /SNAP cards are the primary source for government issued benefits, such as food stamps. In fact, more than 80 percent of food stamp benefits that are issued today are issued on EBT cards. Many experts predict that other benefits such as social security will also be issued on EBT cards in the future, which will require more merchants to accept the government issued card.

   As EBT /SNAP becomes a more frequent form of payment, your business should be prepared. Enroll in EBT program and increase your customer base by accepting government issued benefit cards.





 Applying to Become Authorized


   Any retailer that would like to accept food stamp benefits (SNAP) must be licensed to participate in the Food Stamp Program. This page provides information for retailers who want to apply for a Food Stamp Program permit from the USDA, Food and Nutrition Service (FNS).


 Ownership Information:

    Each store location under your ownership must have a separate food stamp program permit; you must submit a separate application for each of the stores that you own. It is against the rules and regulations of the Food Stamp Program for you to accept or redeem any food stamp benefits until you are authorized to do so


Copy of one current license required to operate your business (e.g., health permit or food inspection permit; sales tax permit; sellers permit; business license; lottery license; beer or wine license; etc.)

Photo Identification [e.g., driver's license (front), passport, military ID] for all owners, partners, corporate officers, shareholders and their spouses, if applicable.

Copy of Social Security card or acceptable verification of Social Security Number (e.g., tax forms, insurance card, etc.) for all owners, partners, corporate officers, shareholders and their spouses, if applicable.


 How it Works at Point of Sale:


  • When the recipient pays for the groceries, EBT card is swiped through an electronic card reader or a POS (point of sale) terminal. (If the POS machine cannot "read" the EBT card, you may need to use the number pad on the machine to key in the account number)

  • The recipient enters the secret PIN to access the Food Stamp Account.

Authorization and Rejection:

  • The EBT system verifies the PIN and account balance electronically.

  • The EBT system then sends an authorization or denial back to the retailer.


If an Authorization is sent :

  • The recipient's account will be debited for the amount of the purchase made from the retail store.

  • The retailer's account will be credited at the end of the business day. Payment is made to the retailer through an ACH settlement process through the Quest network, which is governed by the Electronics Benefits and Services Council or EBT Council of NACHA. 











Note:  SNAP formally EBT is administered by the USDA. FNS program.          

   The USDA-FNS is solely responsible for managing store authorizations. Englobe, does not charge merchants for assisting then with SNAP applications. Merchant are only charged for terminals, pinpads or terminals downloads.











Return to home page














Wireless Choices



Businesses that can accept some form of EBT benefits at their location









Convenient Stores




Grocery Stores / Food Markets


Dining / Takeout Restaurants


Deli / Cafes


Pizza Restaurants (all)


Fast Food Restaurants


99 Cent Stores


Ice Cream Stores / Vans


Liquor Stores


Gas Stations


Cigarette Stores


Auto Repair Shops​


Book Stores


Clothing Stores​


Check Cashing


Nail & Hair Salons


Hardware Stores


General Merchandise Stores


Utilities Service Providers


Legal Services Businesses


Residential Landlords


Property Management Companies


Street Vendors


Food Trucks


Hotels / Motels



Google search




Home | About Us | Ecommerce | Wireless POS Terminals | Check Services | POS Equipment | FAQ | Contact Us
Copyright 1999-2006 EnGlobe Bankcard Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use